Contact the EPA
By Phone & Email
Call and email Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt (202-564-4700; Pruitt.Scott@EPA.gov) and tell him:
- More dredging of PCB-contaminated sediments is needed to achieve a truly clean Hudson River.
- The federal Fish and Wildlife Service and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) have shown that the remaining PCB contamination will continue to put the health of riverfront communities at risk, and research from NOAA indicates that the initial goals of the EPA’s cleanup will not be met.
- Studies have linked chronic exposure to airborne PCBs with cardiovascular disease, diabetes, hormonal imbalances, learning disabilities and other maladies among people who live in Hudson Riverfront communities.
- The long struggle to remove PCBs from the Hudson—the nation’s largest Superfund site—sets a standard for cleanups of polluted air and water across the nation.
- Federal inaction and corporate shortsightedness will continue imperiling the health and safety of anyone who lives along the Hudson—the EPA must act.
On Social Media
- @EPA + @generalelectric: we need clean water not a toxic waste site! Why no more dredging of the Hudson River PCBs? You’re leaving a #ToxicLegacy
- The @EPA is failing to protect the environment & our health: http://bit.ly/1WtWidw. Watch the new mini-doc to learn more #ToxicLegacy
- I just watched the new mini-doc #ToxicLegacy: http://bit.ly/1WtWidw. Check it out & ask @generalelectric + @EPA to finish the PCB cleanup!
- Use your #twitterfortheriver! Watch the new mini-doc #ToxicLegacy about PCBs in the Hudson: http://bit.ly/1WtWidw & RT to spread the word
Tag @GE and @EPA in all your posts!
- I just watched the new mini-doc about @GE’s #ToxicLegacy on the Hudson River and the @EPA’s failure to protect the environment & our health. We need more dredging of the PCBs! Watch the film, take action: http://bit.ly/1WtWidw
- Watch the new mini-doc about how the @EPA is failing to hold @GE accountable for the toxic PCBs it dumped in the Hudson River for decades. Share this post if you support a cleaner Hudson, not a #ToxicLegacy: http://bit.ly/1WtWidw
- Visit the General Electric and EPA Facebook pages and tell them the Hudson needs more dredging, not a #ToxicLegacy.
Follow @scenichudson & @cleanerhudson and retweet/share/favorite our posts to spread the word!